The first and most widely used and understood types of Digital Products or information products were e-books. Quickly, online businesses started adding pre-recorded workshops, audio and video courses, and paid email newsletters to the list. Many business owners aspire to generate recurring revenue with a membership subscription product.
Whether it’s an ebook, guide, template, or another digital document, digital products, and the written word go together like peanut butter and jelly. That’s not to say that all of them are books, though. If it can accommodate a copy, it can sell as a digital product.
You’ve checked out a new product online… you know the one. The author is telling you he made $33,000 in a month without a list, without contacts, and without thumbs. Or whatever.
You’ve received multiple emails promoting this product and telling you why it’s the BOMB and you MUST buy it or you will be BROKE forever.
Yet you don’t buy it.
To be a product creator, grab a sheet of paper and write the reasons you didn’t buy the product
Here’s a list:
- You don’t believe the claims
- There’s no evidence to back the claims
- You don’t trust the product creator, or you just don’t know him
- You bought something similar, and it was junk
- You’re too busy working on something else to bother with watching the 27 videos that come with this
- You’re sure there will be a dozen upsells, and you HATE that
- In the third paragraph, the seller said something that pissed you off
- If the seller is making so much money, why does he need to sell this for nine lousy bucks?
- Your Momma told you that there’s no such thing as easy money
Or a hundred other reasons to not buy the product and become a product creator
Now then, guess what? Other people have the same objections as you do.
Now do one of two things:
First option: BUY the darn product and review it. Overcome every single objection you had in your email to your list. Do the same on a blog post and send traffic to it. Watch the sales come in.
This is an excellent exercise to sharpen your copywriting chops.
.Second option: Create your own product that overcomes every single one of these objections in your sales copy. Do this every time you promote an affiliate product or create your own products and watch your sales increase. Something is, the more they want it.